Configuring Invoice and Receipt Workflow Settings
Configuring your organization’s invoice and receipt settings is an important component of using the platform’s Finance Module. To make changes to your invoice and receipt settings, click the double-gear icon located in the platform’s top navigation bar to open the Organization Settings dropdown. In the dropdown’s Other Settings column, select Invoice & Billing Settings.
Important: A team member who has access to the Finance module must first complete all required fields in this Finance Settings section before invoices and receipts can be generated
Adding invoice information and adjusting the billing workflow
Determine your preferences for tracking invoices and input your desired invoice prefix, next invoice number — the number that will be on your first generated invoice — and invoice due period. Also, choose whether you want invoices generated automatically for all orders through the platform and whether those invoices are automatically sent to online purchasers. Receipts can also be automatically delivered for completed payments, and you can add information such as a company policy to all invoices and receipts.
Configuring custom preferences for event and membership orders
Click the + Add Custom Configuration button to create custom invoice and receipt settings for event and membership orders. Select an order type, input your desired invoice prefix, next invoice number — the number that will be on your first generated invoice — and invoice due period. Also, choose whether you want invoices generated automatically for all orders through the platform and whether those invoices are automatically sent to online purchasers. Receipts can also be automatically delivered for completed payments. You can also choose whether this order type includes your organization’s default organization policy or a custom policy. A custom configuration can be edited or deleted by clicking the three dots icon in the related configuration
More on invoice and receipt configurations
For added clarification about invoice and receipt configures, information about each configuration option can be found below:
- Invoice Prefix: The invoice prefix will default to “INV”. This prefix can be changed, however one is required for easy transaction reference.
- Next Invoice Number: The next invoice number will default to “000001”. This number represents the first invoice recorded with the invoice prefix. If you choose to change this number, the subsequent invoices will each increase by one from that starting point. If your organization processes invoices outside the Glue Up platform, be sure no duplicate invoices are created.
- Invoice Due Period: An issue date and due date will appear on each invoice. The default due period will default to “30 days net”. You may choose other due period options as needed.
- Order Type (custom configurations): You can create separate, custom invoice configurations for four types of orders: Event Registration, Membership Application, Membership Extra Member Purchase, and Membership Renewal. The official company name and billing address will match information included in your default configuration, however all of the other items are available for customization.
- Generate invoices for orders automatically: If this box is selected, an invoice will be automatically generated for each order submitted through the Glue Up platform. If not, the platform will not generate invoices unless you create a custom configuration for a particular order type. Scroll down to the Custom Configuration section to learn more
- Send invoices to online purchasers automatically: If this box is selected, an invoice will be attached to an automatic system email notification sent to the purchaser who submitted the order. If the box is not selected, invoices will not go out directly to purchasers. Invoices are accessible for download in the Invoices section of the Finance module.
- Tip: We recommend selecting this box to streamline internal organization processes and simultaneously provide purchasers with digital records that can be referenced immediately.
- Send receipts for all completed payments automatically: If this box is selected, a receipt will be attached to an automatic system email notification sent to the purchaser once an order has been marked as paid. If a payment is processed offline, a system email will only be sent to the purchaser when a team member manually marks the payment as paid
- Use default invoice number format (custom configurations): If this box is selected for custom configurations, the default invoice prefix and next invoice number will be consistent with the default configuration preferences..
- Use organization’s default refund policy (custom configurations): If this box is selected for custom configurations, the default organization policy will be included on invoices and receipts for that particular order type. Otherwise, a custom policy can be added for that order type.
- Organization Policy: Any additional content such as legal or administrative information can be written in this block.